Scrum Master - Immediate Opening!
We’re looking for enthusiastic subject-matter experts with a passion for helping people. Sound like you? Let’s talk…
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Scrum Master to join our growing team. The individual in this role would be responsible for overseeing our software development team and working under the agile methodology. We are seeking a candidate who has proven leadership skills, the ability to think critically and problem-solve, and a track-record of ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met.
Why people LOVE working here:
- We have a positive, success-minded culture and believe life and business should be ESP— Enjoyable, Simple & Prosperous.
- We have an exciting, vibrant, creative work environment.
- We do something with purpose and really help people grow and improve.
- Employee growth and fulfillment is a primary focus.
- We're ranked as one of Central Florida's Best Places To Work.
- We're one of America's Fastest Growing Companies according to Inc. Magazine (4 years in a row).
- We’ve been voted one of “Orlando’s Coolest Office Spaces.”
- The company was founded and is led by two UCF grads.
- Our leaders have been named two of Orlando's "40 Under 40” and named as some of Orlando’s “Most Influential Men.”
Our Mission (no platitudes here):
…is to inspire and encourage people and companies, through creativity, to think differently, to be better, to achieve more than they ever thought possible, by breaking norms and making life and business ESP—Enjoyable, Simple & Prosperous.
As a Scrum Master with Gravitational Marketing, you'll be responsible for:
- Strongly serving and supporting the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to delight customers
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile.
- Guiding and Coaching the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding and Coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on how to get the most out of self organization
- Guiding and Coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining(aka grooming) and managing the product backlog.
Required Skills/Experience for Scrum Master:
- First level Scrum Master certification (PSM I, CSM )
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a Scrum Team
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- The ability to distinguish between what "is Scrum" what is "not Scrum"
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus)
- Second or Third level Scrum Master certification (PSM II, PSM III, CSP, CTC)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a Scrum team.
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self study, etc.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Nexus, LeSS, SAFe, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs,etc)
- Previous experience as a collaborative leader
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Our Scrum Masters Enjoy:
- Competitive Market-Based Salary (determined by education, experience and related work history)
- Fun, casual work environment.
- A manageable work/life balance.
- 5 Weeks Vacation (seriously!).
- Automatic 3% employer 401K contribution (after 1 year of employment).
Additional benefits include:
- Skills Enhancement Paid Education Program – we invest in the people that drive our business.
- Kindle Book Club – we support those who take initiative to learn and become a better person.
- Onsite fitness center.
- Themed Office Activity Days – we LOVE to have FUN!
- Free Lunch & Learns – Hosted by Gravitational Marketing founders and catered from popular spots around Orlando.
- Unique health benefits.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive, upbeat and savvy communicator
- Confident, strong and engaging personality
- Ability to develop rapport rapidly
- Willingness to put in the extra effort as needed
- Boldness to proudly tout the results of your work
- A serious dedication to development as a career
- Have PHP skills locked in
- Highly organized
- Sensitive to deadlines
- Detail oriented
This is an extremely rewarding job. If you feel like you would be a good fit, and if you’re ready for a positive change in your life and career, please apply now.